Saturday, January 19, 2008

random babble

Writing and rewriting

I am a writer. It is just a sentence but it weighs a ton. Every time someone asks me what I do for a living I say, ‘I am a writer.’
What does being a writer mean? Does mean you write? What do you write? Novels, poetry or just plain emails?

The writer in me doesn’t let me be unless I write something. She needs to justify her presence. She makes sure that the writer is not forgotten in the endless chores through the day. Being a writer, is a full time profession. Even if you’re not looking for it, something inspires you each day and then you feel the itch. You can’t sit still till you pen the thoughts.

Today I have nothing that I feel like penning; but the itch is still there. I feel like writing, writing and writing. But about what? Should I write about the butterflies I saw in the morning. Nah. Too clichéd. Should I write about… Hell I want to write about nothing. Nothing at all.

1 comment:

lightandshadow said...

why i write? an interesting question to ponder about. it maybe a personal journal, an ideological piece or a plain report. eitherways, i can only say that being a writer is one of THE most fascinating profession... lucky u :)

~ Bipin